View Single Post
Old 09-23-2010, 01:19 PM   #28
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa meredith View Post
Video from WMUR site:

http://www.wmur.com/video/25048308/detail.html

Says the building was 160 yrs old. A shame, I guess..but truth be told, I always thought that place was a bit dumpy... a lot dumpy actually. Like much of the Weirs.
It really could use a major face lift.
I feel sorry for any hardship this fire causes anyone...but, in the end, perhaps a new, modern place will be built, much like LP.
So much of the Weirs needs to be updated...
Maybe its my mood today I don't know... but in reading this thread I am really quite taken by this comment. It seems people no longer like the old character that a place like the weirs brings to an area. I am sorry but I think if two much of the weirs gets a face lift then it is no longer the weirs. Maybe I am stuck in the mud, but there is a beauty to the Weirs. A reminder of times gone by, a reminder that needs to be preserved. A place to bring families to and show future generations how the entertainment and amusement industry really began before you had six flags and Busch Gardens. People think Progress is good. But what honestly has it brought us. Meredith is a mess on the weekends, sure it looks modern and has all the right stores and is hip... but the place is a zoo... If that is what progress is about I guess I will just stay away from it... People need to stop trying to bring everything up to there standards and just enjoy the beauty that every situation has to offer.....