View Single Post
Old 02-01-2006, 07:40 PM   #27
Winnipesaukee Divers

Default There, but for the grace of God go I...

My Cardiologist said, “ I’m not a betting man but tell me when you’re go snowmobiling again so I can place a bet that your going to die”… He went on to say, “that just because we fixed you doesn’t mean you’re fixed. If you get cold, really cold or breath in real cold air it will chill down your blood and your blood vessels will constrict, much like hypothermia dose to your extremities. Any restriction in your vessels and its instant hart attack. If you think this is bad, just imagine where you will be and how short the golden hour will be.” Well that did it for me, the sleds are gone and so is the dry-suit, no more ice diving.

I wonder how this played in this poor fellow’s untimely death. I can only imagine what my faith would have been in the same scenario. Ya, I used to do stupid things too, but foutunitaly live to tell about them.

I know what your thinking… No, I haven’t taken up couch jockeying… I’ve become a weekend carpenter, sort-a-speak… Now I know the true meaning to the phrase we have in the trades… “If you can’t be anything else you can always be a carpenter and if you can’t be a carpenter you can always be a teacher…” Well, okay I am learning a new respect for reading the ruler… I sure am glad no one is paying me to do this, I crack myself up when I step back and look at this rank amateurish job… The only words that come to mind are, “Is this the way my old friend Norm Abrams would have done it?”
Winnipesaukee Divers is offline   Reply With Quote