View Single Post
Old 06-14-2011, 06:23 AM   #21
Belmont Resident

Default Good points professor

Definitely take into consideration if there is any incline on the road or the driveway. Also take into consideration if the area is a low or no salt area. In Gilmanton off a now paved road we see many people who have to park their cars at the bottom of their driveway and walk up to their house. Some all winter long. Yes many are on the market and some even have paved driveways. Problem is the developer and town allowed them to be built with grades that make them inaccessible at times.
Also the point about excessive wear and tear on you car or trucks. Alignments that are normally a once a year thing could become a twice a year thing if the road is not properly maintained.
Oh and don’t ask the town, they will always tell you it is properly maintained, ask the people living on the road how well the town does.
Some dirt roads in some towns are very well maintained but you will find the majority will be maintained only when complaints are made especially in these times of budget crunching. I spend good deal of time driving around the area so I’m not just referring to one particular street that I live on.
Good luck in your search for a new home.
Belmont Resident is offline   Reply With Quote