View Single Post
Old 08-17-2010, 08:21 PM   #42
ApS

Cool Not Near Tuftonboro's Basin...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrr View Post
Are there any areas of the lake where he cannot land? I was telling someone about this recently (copying Dan's idea, I would love to surprise hubby and a few others with it) and was told that they cannot land in Winter Harbor (down near the Basin). I didn't believe it - but figured the folks here would know. thanks
I've watched most floatplanes taxi from that area, but never to that area. In other words, they might land there, but not take off from there. Anywhere else in the "Greater Winter Harbor area" should be fine for his operations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoBozo View Post
I'm not sure this is the case. Float planes quite often (mostly) use a THREE bladed prop instead of the normal Two bladed prop used on equivilent "Land" based planes. The reason for this is the Noise. A Three bladed prop on the same plane would actually be Smaller in diameter. ....hence propeller "Tip Speed" would be slower. NB
A white Cessna floatplane (5-0-Zulu) with amphibious floats made several landings and take offs today in Winter Harbor. He must have a two-bladed prop, as the whole neighborhood was shaking. He throttled back after getting airborne each time, but it was pretty intense for all the surrounding area.

It's 9:20-PM now, and a NHMP twin-outboard just went by. They've been pretty active in this area, but not so much with the twin-outboard. That's two today, that I saw.
ApS is offline   Reply With Quote