View Single Post
Old 01-05-2012, 09:44 AM   #24
Frdxplorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeboardMom View Post
I don't completely agree. With our hectic weekday schedules, once we get to the house at the lake, we don't like to leave. While we do enjoy an occasional night out, we try to do it when we can sneak up on a weeknight.

On a Saturday night, we like to have guests. We serve appetizers and martinis (that don't cost $9 each) on our lakefront patio, and dinner is enjoyed watching the sunset from dining room that overlooks the lake.

: ) To each his own, but to forego dining out on a Winnipesaukee weekend is far from unpleasant. ( :

Edit to say: As a mom of kids who worked as waitstaff at various establishments around the lake, I APPRECIATE those of you who frequent the restaurants and tip generously!!! ; )

I think you're on to something here, and it might be the reason for what I think is an overall decrease in restaurant quaility around the lakes region. I have been saying for some years that I think those with places up here tend to stay in... especially with the many new houses being built around the lake with gourmet kitchens. If you pay a lot of money to put in a kitchen capable of serving many guests, why bother with the crowds and mediocre food when you go out. Of course, places like the Inn that are very reliant on tourists only need to get people through the door once. They can probably live on toursists and not be as concerned with the "regulars"
Frdxplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Frdxplorer For This Useful Post: