View Single Post
Old 01-15-2009, 07:25 PM   #20
VitaBene

Thanked 1,608 Times in 823 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brk-lnt View Post
Very interesting, makes sense now that you spelled it out.

I'm (obviously) not a rider, but it's been on my to-do list for several years

I do have this un-biased comment, though, the "loud pipes" crowd is pretty fugging annoying the majority of the time. The "loud pipes save lives" argument would only seem to apply to anything approaching directly from behind, for the most part it really comes off as a cross between a "look and me" and an "F U" statement.

Although I've never kept valid statistics, I can't recall the last time I heard a crotch rocket with an insanely loud exhaust.

Hard to say if this is the result of a specific anti-V Twin beef, or an attempt to just target the law towards the most common offenders. (I realize it may be hard to distinguish between the two statements.

I agree with BRK on this- there are few things more annoying than a straight piped V-Twin (let's be realistic most of them are HDs). I don't think it is anti-HD sentiment, people just don't want to get blown off the porch when a bike goes by (and yes I have riding a HD since well before it was fashionable to do so).

Woodsy is right on with the equipment- I don't have a tach, never did, never will- the LEO should supply that.
VitaBene is offline   Reply With Quote