Thread: Bear-Shark?
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2010, 01:54 PM   #1
GunzandRoses

Location: Coming by way of the dirty waters in MA, I currently reside in the Lakes Region w/my 12 ponies.
Default Bear-Shark?

My buddy just got back from taking a spin on the Sea Doo over near Governor’s Island and claims to have seen an unusual animal swimming in the water. He came running back to the house telling us he saw a Bear-Shark diving for fish underneath the GI bridge. He was able to take a few photos on his camera phone before the animal dove for a final time.

I didn’t believe him at first but after doing some research I've come across quite a few articles discussing the rare species. According to researchers, the bear-shark was thought to have been extinct - it's last sighting occurred in April of 1918 in a small man made pond in Northern VT. Bear-sharks are primarily herbivores and feed on underwater vegetation but occasionally have been seen feeding on small to medium size fish. It's thought that a genetic mutation that occurs at birth gives this amphibious animal the appearance of a sharks body with a fury brown head resembling a bear.

Once he uploads the photo, we'll share it on this thread.

Has anyone seen this creature on the lake before?
GunzandRoses is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GunzandRoses For This Useful Post: