View Single Post
Old 01-24-2014, 03:05 PM   #37
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Default Apples and oranges here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghfromaltonbay View Post
The Gilford Wal-Mart can't compare to the one in Rochester. I have always found the ladies clothing department in Gilford to be limited in merchandise and a mess. The aisles are too narrow and especially in the sleepwear and underwear dept. the clothes looked like a jumbled mess with empty hangars and plastic bags littering the floor. I hope the new super-sized store is an improvement. Most of the other departments in Gilford weren't too bad, so I don't know if it's the fault of the managers for those specific departments. The employees don't seem to stay on top of cleaning up and refolding clothes on display.
The Rochester Walmart has always been bigger than the Gilford one. When they made the Rochester store a super Walmart, most of the size increase was to the food side.

From the looks of things, the Gilford store will be about doubled in size. In the past, I too found it cluttered, but for an item or two, it was ok to stop there. To do a lot of shopping, we would either go to Tilton or Rochester.

It should be interesting to see how the expansion works out in Gilford. Then we can make a better comparison. (Surprisingly, it is about the same amount of time to go to Rochester as it is to go to Gilford, so for you and I, not much difference which way we head. )