View Single Post
Old 09-08-2007, 06:36 PM   #1
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee
Default Holy Blisters Batman

Well Forum don't fail me now with a lack of advice. I took the boat to the Marina and pulled it out for the year. As they hoisted the boat out and started to wash the bottom of the boat, and in a matter of momments my heart dropped as a section of the hull right at the waterline was riddled with Blisters.. ..This was definately a new development as earlier this year I had inspected the hull while the boat was in the water and all was fine. I had also examined the hull at the end of last year and it was fine as well. Needless to say I need to do something the question is what. Here are the suggestions I have been give by various sources:

1) Dealership I bought the boat at suggested that they could take the boat strip down the gel coat in the effected area and re-gel coat it.....I am sure this would work but what about the rest of the Hull?

2) Was told by another dealership.... awww its only cosmetic I would leave it, fixing it and bottom coating it will only devalue the boat....

3) By two Fiberglass repair facilities it was suggested that the affected area be sanded down and the blisters cleaned up and then refilled with gel and smoothed. And then to seal the hull from the waterline down with a product from Interlux called interprotect 2000.
a) now one facility recomended doing nothing after the coating of
interprotect
b) the second facility recomended putting a product call VC
performance over the interportect coating

Does anyone have any experience or recomendations on any of this?

Has anybody dealt with either Unique Boat Restoration in Moultonboro or a company called North East Fiberglass.....

Thanks in advance for any advice......

Last edited by LIforrelaxin; 09-09-2007 at 01:43 AM. Reason: spelling of course
LIforrelaxin is offline   Reply With Quote