View Single Post
Old 12-19-2004, 11:59 PM   #82
HUH

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaynes68
I love all the doublespeak going on in this guys letter. Evil threatning snowmobilers pressuring them to open trails in sensitive areas. Notice the last sentance....we're private landowners (we can do as we please in other words).

Some very interesting revelations:

1) Their FIRST priority is conserving wildlife, second is letting people use the land. This means NO MOTORIZED VEHICLES, maybe no unmotorized ones either. Wonder if the guy that lowered the price on this land was told this.

2) They have been working on this plan for 3 years. Does that mean they have been planning to close this area for 3 years?

Here's something to ponder. Say there's 40 miles of trails 12+/- ft wide on this property. Thats about 60 acres of trails (if you total the square feet). This is a 5400 acre parcel of land, 60 acres is 1% of the property that was used for sledding. Its a big sandbox there's room for everyone! The habitat they are trying to protect has been used by snowmobilers for years. If it is still alive then its not affected by our riding so what is there to protect?

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure that there are some areas that are more sensitive than others. So maybe small portions would need to be rerouted or closed but not all of it!

Be a man lose the doublespeak! "WE BOUGHT THE LAND, WE DECIDE WHO USES IT. NO SNOWMOBILES EXCEPT FOR CORRIDOR 15. THATS THE WAY IT IS". People will have more respect for you when all is said and done.

thats the way i see it.....
Whats realy disturbing is that they purchased the land partialy with snowmobilers money !!
HUH is offline   Reply With Quote