View Single Post
Old 07-24-2009, 09:52 AM   #22
ApS

Wink No Confusion Here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfegirl View Post
Not sure what source you used, but the entirety of Lake Wentworth is within Wolfeboro town limits -- it is the largest lake in NH entirely within one municipality, without qualification.
I intended nothing different: It's just a "hop-skip-and-a-jump" to New Durham, and just 10 miles to Maine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
"...One of you is apparently confused..."
The "family friend" was quite insistent; however, a Lake Wentworth resident wrote me that a crash did occur on Lake Wentworth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolbreeze View Post
"...The "scoop and run" logic is a dangerous one. The responding medics and ambulances carry the knowledge, professionalism and equipment to stabilize a patient at the scene or as they transport. A personal vehicle can not..."
Since the victim was already seated in my car, there wasn't any "scooping" to be done. (But I understand what you say).

I'm reminded of an analogous statement adopted by self-defense advocates:
Quote:
"When seconds count, the police are just minutes away".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave R View Post
If they needed it, [DHART] they died.
Maybe a little overstated?

Not all Medevac flights are life-or-death flights; moreover, last year there weere 28 fatal Medevac crashes nationally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIKSUKR View Post
"...PWC do not fit this description at all. The generic term jetski should be used for the stand-up models in my opinion..."
I'm agreeing with you on "stand-up" and "Jet-Ski", although there "stand-ups" that aren't Kawasaki—or was it a Suzuki? Are we clear on this yet?

Did you know that former VP Al Gore is saving Planet Earth—and owns a boat that carries a "ski-craft"?

>
>

Hey, this one looks like a "Jet-Ski"—or is it a "water-bike"?
Attached Images