View Single Post
Old 03-24-2014, 01:41 PM   #6
MikeF-NH

As I've posted before, I have had my 16 foot lund on pretty much every part of the lake and have spent plenty of time on the Broads with it too (even on weekends in the summer). Heck even had it at Wolfboro for the fireworks last year and left the Bay with 1000 other boats in the dark out in to the Broads. Bottom line is know your boat and know the lake. Make sure if you are going somewhere that is exposed that you can get back (watch the weather).

The Broads doesn't define the whole lake but the Broads and the path into Weirs from there do define some of the most challenging conditions you will face. Northern and Eastern parts of the lake feel much more forgiving to me with a smaller boat but I never leave the dock without knowing exactly what the anticipated wind conditions will be. The advantage to a smaller boat is that you can more easily get into some of the smaller places on the lake and perhaps find a "hidden gem" where you can drop and anchor or even sit on an isolated beach that other boats aren't getting to.
MikeF-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MikeF-NH For This Useful Post: