View Single Post
Old 04-23-2008, 11:35 AM   #69
Resident 2B

Default Last message

BI,

I have no problem with any speed limit law that is or was passed after careful and thoughtful consideration with proponents and opponents presenting honest and fair arguments. The policing power's opinion should also be given consideration when passing any law.

It is not the law itself that got me so involved in this discussion, it is the tactics of the proponents, which are clearly the over-the-line in so many areas in this discussion.

I would guess this law has a better than 50% chance of being enacted, but the tactics used by the proponents to get the job done is full of lies, misinformation and unfairly biased surveys. This will be remembered by many in a lasting impression of unfair advantage.

The misinformation was so bad that I felt I had to point these things out. I know others feel the same. I remain firm in my position that the tactics used by the porponents are tactics from the McCarthy era of our history and as such are un-American and have no place in a great state who's motto is "Live Free or Die".

That is all from me on this subject. Enough is enough!

Back to discussions on weather and things on the lake that make me love this place.

Best regards,

R2B