View Single Post
Old 07-13-2008, 05:36 PM   #85
Evenstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
Here’s the funny thing, I still can’t come up with your former CWO’s number for 1996. Looking at the USCG Statistics for 1996 there were 3,422 collisions with another vessel, fixed object or floating object. In 2006 the USCG Statistics show 2019 collisions with another vessel, fixed object or floating object and for last year that figure was 2030.
Your link doesn't work, and the online USCG accident statistics only go back to 1997, so I really would like to know where you are getting statistics for 1996.

Quote:
Your point that collisions are reduced as speed is reduced doesn’t hold up to the statistics. The statistics show as boater education increases accidents including collisions decrease.
Is it not MY point, the point was made by a USCG officer.

How does the fact that boater education decreases the number of collisions prove that that number of colisions do not increase as speed increases????

Quote:
BTW it also shows a rise in deaths associated with canoes and kayaks between 2006 and 2007 from 99 to 107!
And what exactly does that have to do with speed and collisions??? How many of those deaths were in rivers - in white water?