View Single Post
Old 07-13-2008, 07:48 AM   #78
2Blackdogs

rick39,

You didn't see where this thread was headed when you first saw the word *agenda* mentioned by opponents in post #2, 3, then 40?

Post #2 for example....,

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaChick View Post
There are no laws on the books saying boats can't travel at night but I'm sure that's on someone's *agenda*.
Another comment that needs attention is the *Autobahn* mention.....You need far more than a "certificate" to operate on the Autobahn.

Skipper,

Perhaps this season alone will prove the necessity for the new law. Even then, your side will have three years to exhibit their safe boating practices to NH residents. I wouldn't put *your* eggs into *their* basket, however.

If a few drunks get pulled over, that alone could save somebody's life, house, boat, plus change tourists' current view of Winni as lawless. You may not like the term Unlimited Speed, or that radar will now be used to spot offenders exceeding 25mph at night, but next season we ALL have a chance to find out.

Yesterday, I was passed by a dark blue Cobalt at about 150 feet, maybe less, in a relatively open area, but "crowded" with many anchored smaller boats.

They ARE fast boats!

And I've seen two Formula cruisers, one the same size as June 15th's crash, one smaller.

They ARE loud!