View Single Post
Old 07-12-2008, 12:17 AM   #70
Airwaves

Quote:
Originally posted by Costal Laker
Why doesn't some representative propose a bill to change that? Why not let people quiet their boats down at night and be rumbly by day? Ugh. It makes no sense.
You will never see that bill filed. Why? No payback. It's not sexy. People who don't boat could care less. Speed limits are a "no brainer" but a bill that would help rich people sleep at night in their lake front mansions, the rep would be seen pandering to wealthy out-of-staters while ignoring the plight of the hard working New Hampshire folk. Never mind that it actually would be something to improve the lake unlike the speed limits law!
If you want switchable exhaust you're better off petitioning the NHMP for a rules change.
Quote:
Originally posted by VtSteve
Police CG presence? I'd give them an F overall for the busiest weekend of the year. Laws broken? Too many to count.
There is NO Coast Guard presence on Lake Winnipesaukee.
Quote:
Originally posted by Evenstar
And I didn't say that you claimed that I did. But I am interested in where you (or anyone else visiting this forum) heard that "hi speed boats are running over kayaks on the lake." Who ever suggested that was happening?
Go back and look at most any of the posts written by APS!