View Single Post
Old 07-08-2008, 12:44 PM   #35
Bear Islander

Quote:
Originally Posted by VtSteve View Post
First off, I agree with the original theme of the thread, which is common courtesy, where the heck is it? We had a few of those types on Winni many, many years ago, most areas do.

BI, what the heck? He runs nightly at high speed and very loud through a NWZ and you're wondering if he'll do it next year? I guess you're saying the enforcement is so lacking that you need to be breaking a law everywhere to occasionally get the perp? I'd be far more worried, and very annoyed, about someone doing that in a NWZ than someone going 50 mph at night. Different breed of arrogant.
The NWZ was created because of congestion in a narrow passage. There are probably no boats in the NWZ when he goes through at 1 or 2 am. And it's not every night, just now and then on weekends. I'm not saying it's OK. I would love it if the MP were waiting for him when he came through some night.

I have the MP on my scanner. Every hour each boat out reports their location. That time of night it's usually one boat on a large lake.

All in all the guys that really get me are the ones that follow behind you when your tubing. That is world class stupid, yet legal if he is back 150'. It doesn't happen often, but once is to many.

Steve it seems boats busting a NWZ gets you angry. If so don't live next to a NWZ.