View Single Post
Old 08-12-2011, 01:37 PM   #33
NoBozo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbiesaukee View Post
You really can't legislate against stupidity. I just looked out my window and noted two women "over a certain age" standing upright on two of these devices in the channel between Little Bear and Long Island at least 300 feet from shore. Neither was very steady on these craft"" and seemed to be flipping around their paddles. No PFD on them or on the boards. I used my binocs to make sure they were OK and the paddle flipping went along with the general stupidity and was not a distress signal. The last I saw, they were pretty close to shore so I assume they made it (this time).
Perhaps this is a new form of pugilistic watersport. The idea is to whack the other person with your paddle in such a way as to knock them off the board. Whacking the other person while they are in the water would not be permitted.

There probably should be a New Law that covers this activity..such as: You must wear protective headgear, ...and a wetsuit if the water temperature is below 68 degrees. You can never know How Many Lives will be Saved or Created by thoughtfull legislation. Just thinking out loud. NB
NoBozo is offline   Reply With Quote