View Single Post
Old 12-07-2010, 04:35 AM   #391
ApS

Thumbs down RISK on Winnipesaukee...

...still...

Quote:
Originally Posted by VtSteve View Post
My memory is just fine APS. I was so harsh in my criticism of the NWZ speeder...I would have him kicked off the lake and also spend a few days or more behind bars.
Your primary objection was his "fleeing the NHMP". (An easy charge to beat, especially when your noisy boat is a 130-MPH Outer-Limits ocean-racer).

Quote:
Is there any reason we can't have real adult conversations without you spinning and trying to paint people in a bad light?...I mentioned many times that most of the accidents you speak of involve excessive alcohol consumption, but many boaters, not just in any one group.
There's one group that regards "risk" so dismissively that—in their own minds—alcohol doesn't increase their own personal risk at all.

Sadly, they only wake up after impacting the lives of others.

Who cares about all those lesser boats, going who-knows-where?

Quote:
I'll let your insinuations stand for what they are as well.
It's no insinuation to see you've "cherry-picked" USCG regulations, so we're not burdened here with having to review the dangers over-sized boats pose to so many others on this inland lake—with its 253 scattered islands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelnut View Post
Completely false statement. Besides myself OCD has posted a few informative posts. But here we go with facts again those just don't seem to matter to you guys?
Your link didn't include OCD, who I consider one of your little, but noisy, group—anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGER CANOE CO View Post
Grey hair, probably been riding forever on Winni.
I've built three wood boats—and owned four.

With every turn of a brass screw and the driving of every bronze boat nail, you watch as the curves come together and eventually you refer to your wood boat as "her" or "she".

Nobody respects life on the water more than someone who has blood, skin and sweat in the varnishing, inspecting, repair and painting of the wood boat they have built themselves.

But on the lake, there are too few who can say that today—with their boats and credit—in this "Age of Plastic".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaplane Pilot View Post
Let them keep digging their own graves - they look more and more rediculous every day.
I think you meant to write ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaplane Pilot View Post
It's amazing how these "industry" supporters of the SL and WINFABS earn their millions in the hospitality industry, especially by selling alcohol. I can just see these businesspeople swallowing hard, thinking how much they hate the "THUNDER BOAT COWBOYS" while they're depositing all this money in the bank.
Sorry...

...We had no idea your group was so important.