View Single Post
Old 08-10-2010, 10:50 AM   #38
AC2717

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironhorsetim View Post
NB..I think he meant "there" so there..

So is your issue the noise or the outside seating ?
Cause I don't believe the town will put the squash on the seating as long as fences are up and they abide by THEIR property lines.
I live up the hill from you so I know the noise thing your talking about ...but not as loud up here.
Well the allowing of outside seating allows outside music and noise, so we are against both. They already have a permit for the outside music
No seating, then no reason for them to waste the electricity for the outside music
What I really do not like is that the town sent them a letter saying they had to comply by removing everything out in front before they could have a hearing and at this point, everyone, including the board, is ignoring this. I have a copy of the letter

See even up the hill you can hear it! imagine being right across the street!!!

Here are some of the issues I have with this:

• First the planning board told them to remove everything from the front lawn and they have not - blatant disregard
• Severe distraction to drivers
• Heightened danger to children and adults due to increased traffic (no sidewalks in that area)
• Heighted noise levels above what has already been continuously complained about
• more unwanted or dangerous lighting that would be out there on the Patio like blinking/flashing lights - club like atmosphere
• a unsafe area to have people gathering right beside a very busy road, actually a highway - Rt 3
• lowered property values for all those that are around it due to being beside a outside night club type place - bad enough trying to maintain value in this economy, but to then try to sell something beside a place with outdoor music/dancing at night in a family resort oriented area - for those that do not see this coming i have a question for you - would you buy a property next to a place that has outdoor music and seating area with no time restrictions?
• possibility of more drinking in a heavily populated area
• more traffic on a already extremely busy street
• Environmental impact of all these things above with wildlife and what not which is probably a reach but still could be a concern