View Single Post
Old 10-18-2005, 09:23 PM   #2
codeman671

With the winter closing in rapidly it is certainly not the season to buy island property. Purchasing this time of year means many consumers would be paying for it all winter without any enjoyment, not everyone is bold enough to use this type of property year round. It is time to drop the prices if you want your inventory to move. This is the time of year (last October actually) that both my neighbor and I bought property, sellers do not want to sit on a property all winter long sucking up the costs.

After talking to two realtors in the last 24 hours I do not necessarily agree that there is a slowing in the market other than the typical time of year that it is. Real estate always falls off in the fall, for those buying primary homes most people do not want to me uprooted and moving over the holidays. For those buying lake front property the season is over. Why pay interest and taxes while not getting the enjoyment unless you are getting a smokin' deal? Realtors have always told me in the past that as a seller the spring is your time, in the fall it is a buyers market.

It takes a certain type of person to want to be on Rattlesnake, the broads side is very unpredictable and can be very unfriendly for a family with small children. I looked at a few including the one that is still on the market a year later near the end closer to Diamond. It had great views but to enjoy the water for swimming or for children your days are more limited. The inside of Rattlesnake facing Sleepers is much better however I have not seen a lot of nice inventory, mostly inexpensive houses with small frontage. I would not consider it the best of places if you want to tear down and build up.

I cannot attest to the Boston market but with the prices of anything in Boston I can understand why inventory is not moving. It would be so much cheaper to get out of Boston and buy in a suburb. Or move north.
codeman671 is offline   Reply With Quote