View Single Post
Old 12-29-2010, 03:00 PM   #7
hilltopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeF-NH View Post
The way I read it, it seems clear that you MUST swap out all your trebles with single hooks including on your BBs, DBs, Top Guns, Mooseluks, etc. Where this gets cloudy is they mention that tandem flies are OK but later state that all baits must have a single pointed single hook....tandems by definition have two hooks. If tandems are exempted from the rule then can the second hook be a treble? Probably not but they made this very unclear....a sure sign of a rule that was rushed through without enough thought.

Make sure that when you switch your trebles for singles, that you use the right sized hook. I'm sure AJ from AJs Bait and Tackle can guide you...he'll probably make a lot in hook sales this spring. Hopefully lure makers adapt and begin packaging their spoons with single pointed hooks.
Hopefully Mink Islander gets an email back because that's not at all how I read it. I read it as only being for live bait. This makes sense to me becuase fish tend to quickly swallow live bait more so than lures.
hilltopper is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to hilltopper For This Useful Post: