Thread: Lake Riding
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 08:55 PM   #6
Irrigation Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAB1 View Post
Would be nice to know how the trails are. Last Sunday we took off from 20 Mile bay up thru Melvin and up into the woods to Shaw Mnt. The trails after we got across Rt171 were really pretty good. The higher we went the better. We then road over to Ossipee to that Smoke House/Barbeque place on the corner of Rt25. Wasn't bad at all. Couple places dirt was showing but overall better than expected. Hoping to ride again Saturday but not sure the drive up for Mass will be worth it. I am new to this thing. My impression first off is the that the clubs dont really update their trail conditions that often.
I'm on the BOD of a local club and my long lasting impression is there are very few people who are willing to lift a finger to help out these all volunteer run organizations called snowmobile clubs and many have no idea how much work it really is for the same 10 people. Maybe you could volunteer to be run PR for a club, it could be done from anywhere. My club could sure use a person in this position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellRaZoR004 View Post
I'm new to this also but have found when they do update the conditions the report can be very misleading....i.e. the trails are poor instead of the reported 'good'.
Would you care to speculate why a club would want to do that?

I can tell you there is nothing to gain from a clubs standpoint except disappointed people.
Irrigation Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Irrigation Guy For This Useful Post: