Thread: Boat Insurance
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2015, 08:24 AM   #6
ishoot308

Thanked 4,943 Times in 1,918 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAB1 View Post
Mine is all bundled also with Allstate. There is a guy on here ishoot that knows a bit about this. I think he once said gieco was better as they had full replacement.
The only thing I know is when I shopped it out extensively for myself it was obvious that for me Allstate was best for snowmobiles and ATV's, Progressive was best for boats and we have State Farm for home and everything else including a large umbrella. I have continually checked around for better pricing and options since 2007 and have not found anything that offers better coverage for the money.

When I had a complete loss of an ATV a few years ago, I can't say enough good of how Allstate handled the claim in a timely and completely fair fashion. Luckily I have not had any other claims to date with my boats or home/s.

Here are the Damage options Progressive offers...

#1. Actual Cash Value

Actual Cash Value is available for all boats and PWCs qualifying for full coverage. In the event of a total loss, this coverage pays the lesser of the actual cash value at the time of loss or the market value of the watercraft shown on the declarations page. Actual cash value is determined by the market value, age, and condition of the watercraft at the time of the loss.

#2. Agreed Value is available on all boats qualifying for full coverage. In the event of a total loss, this coverage pays the agreed value shown on the declarations page regardless of the actual cash value at the time of loss. Disappearing Deductibles are included with Agreed Value.

#3. Total Loss Replacement/Purchase Price

Total Loss Replacement/Purchase Price is available on newly purchased watercraft up to one (1) model year old. In the event of a total loss, this coverage replaces the insured boat with a new boat that is to the extent possible, the same make and model, and which contains comparable equipment. For watercraft over five model years old, we will pay the purchase price shown on the declarations page. Disappearing Deductibles are included with Total Loss Replacement/Purchase Price.

#4. Disappearing Deductibles

With Disappearing Deductibles, we reduce your Comprehensive and Collision deductibles by 25 percent for each claim-free policy period. Deductibles return to their original amounts at the next renewal after we pay a Comprehensive or Collision claim.

Hope this helps...

Dan