View Single Post
Old 02-28-2012, 11:12 AM   #46
Coastal Laker

Default What Hyundai Corp had to say

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITD View Post
54k and that many problems, I will never by one of those cars. I have several friends who have bought Hyundais and will never buy another. They said they are essentially throw away cars, but 54k with all those problems is ridiculous.

I would get on the phone to the corporate office of Hyundai, most large corporations have the ceo phone number in the book or on the internet, then follow up with a letter describing the problem and when you serviced the car. I would also go over the service manager's head and demand to speak to the owner of Irwin's with your complaints.
I didn't even post all the problems. I forgot about the leaky strut and seatbelt that didn't work. I think there was something else too that's not coming to mind right now.

Before my initial post, I had already had several calls with Hyundai's corporate Consumer Affairs group. It took a few calls before I would be permitted to speak to a supervisor. The first time I asked, I was told that wasn’t allowed. The second time I asked, (and you get a different person each time you call), I asked who the person reports to, that I’d like to speak to them. She wasn't helpful and said there are several supervisors. I told her to pick one and let me talk to them. The supervisor I got was condescending and outright insulting, the tone was unacceptable – he asked me if I read the manual, then proceeded to tell me which section and pages to refer to one-by-one, then asked me if I did all the interval service that was listed in the manual, quoting each one up to my current mileage – just to make his point, most having nothing to do with oil changes. Then he says the issue is being addressed at the regional office who would be making a decision, so they were closing my case. Perhaps his attitude stemmed from my recommendation that he have a conversation with the first employee I spoke to who I caught in a lie. And that’s a whole different matter altogether. The short story is that the dealership told Hyundai one thing, and Hyundai turned it around and told me the dealership said something else – and we had been in contact with the dealership all along. I called corp back and complained. I got an attitude for a response.

Hyundai corporate also told me that even if I pay to have the dealership look for the problem, and let’s say they find out that it was caused by something mechanical (ie; something other than “me”), that the repair would still not be covered under warranty because I had violated the warranty terms. That just made me sick to my stomach. So, no matter what I do short of producing video evidence, I have no warranty.

All I do have is an affidavit from the Amsoil dealer attesting to the product sold to me, but it won't do much good. After all, it doesn't have quantity or dates of purchase, or say when oil was poured in the engine, or that it ever was, or that old oil was drained out, or new filters put in....

Last edited by Coastal Laker; 02-28-2012 at 11:12 AM. Reason: glitch
Coastal Laker is offline   Reply With Quote