View Single Post
Old 05-08-2012, 03:45 AM   #23
Belmont Resident

Default great point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
No offense... But I am kind of with the guy launching.

I know there is no specific "rule" about docking, however there was no need for ricks boat to be that close to the launch, especially this time of year. I personally think that the first 100 or so feet of dock closest to the launch should be reserved for those launching and retrieving boats. Its a public launch after all.

Those who know me KNOW how I nice I keep my Donzi. That being said, I would rather a guy jump on my boat with shoes on to prevent a good scrape than let my boat get scraped and have to deal with ins companies or a large out of pocket expense.

Woodsy
Great point about the time of year Woodsy.
I know you and I would probably have tied as far away from other boats as possible anyways. It is kind of like parking a really nice car or truck in the tightest spot just to be closer to the store.
Speaking of that and getting off topic, I love it when you see people driving around a parking lot looking for the closest spot to the entrance of the gym. Now that makes total sense.