View Single Post
Old 03-17-2012, 11:43 AM   #44
no-engine

Businesses should "register" the names with Sec of State, then another would not be allowed of the same name. I think that's what happened with Long Ridge Farms now going by Picnic Rock Farms.

FYI: I think an original name in Meredith was Lake Shore Deli, with Charlie's well known potato salad recipe, carried to your building by two ladies who bought the business. From there, I have no clue if the recipe is saved to next owners of a deli in that corner building, of course long closed.

YES, totally agree that traffic issues in summer would prevent vehicle deliveries to Town Docks. I am sure added docks must have State approvals, in addition to Town approvals. Both a long process.
Off your section of the Lake, there are depth issues to deal with, unless permission can be granted for you to deliver by boat from dock of a neighbor ~ not suggesting client docking, just your own delivery boat run by young summer help, in even a kayak!

I seem to remember the deli on Main Street in what was Karen & Barry's (now recently closed) had a decent business of lunches to boaters as well as business people around town.

Go for it, with some "thinking out of the box"!
no-engine is offline   Reply With Quote