View Single Post
Old 10-23-2006, 12:14 PM   #1
Airwaves

Default Battle of the boat dollars; State vs Local

I just got a letter from the NH Dept of Safety dated Oct 18. Looks like they are trying to get boaters to deal directly with them. An effective way to do it especially for out of state boaters.

Forgive spelling errors, I am typing quickly, any errors are mine, not theirs:

Quote:
Recently you received your vessel registration renewal for the 2007 boating season in the mail. I would like to take a moment to let you know how the money you spend for that registration is utilized by the State of New Hampshire.

When you send your registration renewal directly to the Department of Safety in Concord in the postage paid envelope which was provided for that purpose, you are making an investment in preserving our public waters, ensuring that when you take to the waters it will be a safe and positive experience.

The New Hampshire Marine Patrol uses these dedicated funds to provide law enforcement personnel, vessel that provide assistance to boaters, effective participation in search and rescue efforts, the placement and maintenance of all State's regulatory markers and other aids to navigation. Your investment in watercraft safety has provided for the implementation of the "C-150" Program initiated in 2006, which provides specially marked buoys to help the boaters identify the 150 foot distance from shore. We have been able to provide more convenient locations for the boater certification courses in all areas of the state, along with the very popular Boater's Guides.

New Hampshire's long-standing commitment to provide a diverse vacation experience, enjoyable and safe for all, is wholly dependent upon your support. Help preserve the quality of this natural resource for generations to come. Please mail you registration early for a quick turnaround.

Very truly yours,
David T. Barrett
Director
Airwaves is offline   Reply With Quote