View Single Post
Old 07-28-2011, 07:27 PM   #382
TheNoonans

Default Skydive Laconia

Hi Pineedles,

Thank you for your support. (I really don't mind responding though.)

Hi NB,

I covered the answer to "Why here?" further up the thread in terms of location and my refusal to be bullied by a handful of locals that don't like seeing things change, even if the change is lawful, economically sound and (despite their claims) doesn't create an unsafe condition on the airfield.

As for them not wanting to be our friends? That's really their loss, not ours. Believe it or not our presence could increase their profits as well, they just fail to see that, because they are blinded by their emotional attachment to the issue.

I've stated before, there a number of hangar owners willing to work with us. They want to work with us and we want to work with them. We will make them lots of money and they will help us make lots of money. Not a bad deal.

As for the FBOs not selling us fuel? Believe me, short of the chief of the FAA Randy Babbitt, every agent of the FAA from here to Los Angeles is watching this. When I say that the LAA and the FBOs will be under a microscope when this is over, trust me, they will be. Any signs of discrimination and they lose their funding.

My "obsession" here is simply truth and justice in America.

As for friends, I have enough friends around the world to not be worried about how a handful of "small town good old boys" will react to our presence on the airfield. Let it bother them all they want, it won't bother us at all.

Blue skies to all and to all a good flight,
Tom
TheNoonans is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheNoonans For This Useful Post: