View Single Post
Old 07-25-2011, 11:05 AM   #366
AC2717

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNoonans View Post
Yup, that was me in the instructional video and my wife Mary was the passenger in the training.

Wait a second.......lol. You mean to tell me that your parachute didn't drift across the sky uncontrollably? That my friend Keith told your wife where to stand and then landed you in front of her? What about all those technical terms used in all those official reports like "katabatic winds" and "wind sheer"? Keith must not have read the erroneous reports and accusations that he was supposed to drift uncontrollably across runways........lol

You know if people in Laconia/Gilford saw that type of directional control at the Laconia Municipal Airport, it might take away one of the "many many reasons" for concern a certain person(s) has about our ability to operate in Gilford.

Makes you kind of wonder why those few people in power up there are soooo against allowing us the opportunity to prove our point about modern parachute accuracy. Well, its not really a surprise though, right? I think anyone that has been following this thread can understand why they don't want us to show you how accurate those pesky parachutes are these days......lol

As I said before, because the moment we land, their scare tactics will vanish in an instant.

Congrats again on your skydive.

Blue skies to all and to all a good flight,

Tom
Well it is funny you say that because my wife and I were in amazement how people were landing literally right beside each other, and how it was so accurate (not that we did not believe that is wasn't, we were just amazed) then once I was in it the ease of control was amazing, i mean there I was never had done this before and I was controlling the chute like I was operating it for years

I Need to get up there again!!!! Please keep well at least me updated as to when you win this battle, I need to be one of the first up