View Single Post
Old 05-09-2011, 07:13 AM   #339
TheNoonans

Default Skydive Laconia

I'm not surprised that certain people would want this thread moved or closed.

What was created to be a smear campaign against us using smoke and mirrors turned 180 degrees when we found it and began providing facts. Not only is this thread not serving the smear campaign purpose it was created for, it is now giving us a platform to provide facts and truth to the community. I am sure that fact continues to bother more than one person........

(Please remember this point if nothing else.......we didn't come to the forum to start this debate.......someone else did.)

I'd also like to point out that this thread has been rated with 5 stars and is approaching 30,000 views, so it must be considered to be of some value to the online community here.

And that's really what this whole thing is about, serving the community. You don't like where the thread is going? The easiest thing to do? Don't view it.

Admittedly, I had to look up the word "contentious":

"Likely to cause an arguement" or "controversial"

I don't consider this thread arguementative, it's a debate. Of all my posts on here, how many of them did I make a point to wish Mr. Hemmel well in his pursuits, even if his pursuits were clearly to discredit me? Quite a few.

As for controversial, well, when you photoshop a tandem pair skydiving in front of a jet and label it "Skydive Laconia" and place that at the top of your first post, right before you let the community know that two "outsiders", oops, I mean "Floridians", are attempting to open up a skydiving operation over "YOUR homes", well, I'd have to agree with you on that one.......this thread did start off a little contentious.........especially since never in the history of tandem skydiving, has a tandem pair hit a jet, or any plane for that matter. It quite literally has never happened, ever.

The facts are on this thread and those in the community that are able to think freely and prefer informed opinions and informed debate over censorship will keep reading this thread and even contributing to it.

Those that prescribe to the "If I close my eyes, you can't see me" mentality, will continue to attempt to get this thread shut down or moved.

So in the end, there are a couple of people on here that want this thread shutdown, oh well.

I would just ask the community as a whole to consider one simple question. "Why is that?"

The answer is right there in front of you, and I suspect most of you, if not all of you, already know the answer.

Blue skies to all and to all a good flight,

Tom
TheNoonans is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TheNoonans For This Useful Post: