Thread: 2012 Fuel Costs
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 07:21 PM   #55
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee
Default Funny I should find this thread

So I have been away for a while, just trying to not thing about the lake... But over the last few weeks my thoughts have turned back to the lake. And the gas prices have gotten me thinking. I have survived high gas prices before and didn't let it effect my boating and traveling habits. However this time things are different.... Before I always saw high gas prices as a temporary inconvience. However at this point there is no end in sight to the ever rising gas prices. Couple that with now being a family man, and having to worry not only about my self but also my wife and children. I believe this year will see changes in my habits. With the cost of fuel, I don't believe I will be at the lake every weekend. That alone will cut down on the hours I spend on the boat. I also believe that taking the boat for short meaningless rides around the island will probably also be cut down. However The long rides where I truely enjoy what the lake has to offer, will still happen... And of course the week I am on vacation, I will live on the boat.

In short the quality boating is going to continue to happen. However the ride friday night to unwhined after the trip, and the ride Sunday, just before going home are not going to be as frequent.