View Single Post
Old 08-06-2010, 04:42 PM   #36
Lucky1

Here's the thing. We went to a local restaurant recently and both of us had a poor tasting swordfish dinner. The fish just did not taste good at all. Neither of us wanted to disturb the other four in our group all of whom seemed pleased with their dinners so we let it go and kept our mouths shut.

I have already voted with my feet on that restaurand and rarely go there any more. If you do not like the Lobster Pound, then don't go there anymore. If you like the Lobster Pound, go. It is very simple really. I had the double lobster there earlier in the summer and it was a good dinner. I wrote an honest review and let it go at that. I have not gone back because it ended up costing much more than simply cooking the lobsters at home and one can have a potato and corn and dessert etc. The lobster came only with one side and the dessert was five dollars and it just was too expensive for something that is easily cooked at home. It was a nice enough meal and a nice atmosphere though.

I see a difference between mentioning a bad meal and going over it and over it. I would not write a bad review on this Forum about a restaurant even though it might save a restaurant in the long run. If no one complains, and people vote with their feet, the customer base falls off. This is not good for the restaurant. When I hear groupies all rush in to protect their favorite restaurant, I wonder how the restaurant will know that the food was not good and look into it. The restaurant may just think that the economy is off.

I think we all know that whoever it was did not like their dinner at the Lobster Pound. Were I that owner, I would offer another meal in good faith. Say I am sorry that you did not like the meal and want to have you come back and write after you eat when you are not so rushed and we are not so rushed. These things happen. It isn't brain cancer. Obviously if it goes on then no good will come of this experience. Show this lad that you can cook a good meal and try to improve if you can, but in the end the buck stops with you, the restaurant owners. If most people are satisfied you will not have a problem. Any person who complains in the fashion of this poster, needs to immediately be invited back with a olive branch not a list of excuses. That is just good business.
Lucky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lucky1 For This Useful Post: