Thread: Best Deck Boat
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2015, 01:25 PM   #17
winnipiseogee

Talking

Dave - if you don't mind me asking isn't what you are saying true for the ocean but not as much for the lake? Not arguing - I'm truly curious.

My father in-law was a lobsterman. I was looking at an Eastern a few years ago and was talked out of it because while its an incredibly seaworthy boat on the ocean he argued it was less so on winni. On the ocean the seas/waves are all coming from a single direction. Aim your bow at the right angle and you cut through the waves.

The lake it seems has no predominant direction except in a storm. On the lake the waves/boat wake come from every direction. Therefore the roll of a deep v becomes more of a problem while the ever popular tritoons provide more overall stability.

My person decision of a deck boat had nothing to do with seaworthiness (if its bad the family isn't going out) and everything to do with a cost per person of capacity.

I'm not arguing the point - quite frankly I'm not informed enough to do so. I'm more hoping the educated boaters here will help settle a family argument
winnipiseogee is offline   Reply With Quote