View Single Post
Old 04-16-2010, 08:03 AM   #5
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

At this point I have no guess on the out come. But that Lawyer makes my stomach turn. What a scum bucket tactic to try and keep his client out of jail.
I have a very heartless and unsympathetic mind when it comes to crime and punishment. You do the crime you pay the time. She was convicted by a panel of her peers the law has a minimum and maximum penalty. Which involves Jail time... Therefore she goes to jail period end of story... for how long that is the judges decision, even if it is a week with probation after words a week in a cell is a long time to rethink what you have done.

Although I feel for everyone involved in this tragedy I see this latest move as one to circumvent the laws of the land because "she is special". That argument is old tired and I am sorry it time to start punishing people they way they need to be punished. Harshly and swiftly. I am sorry her face is all screwed up but that doesn't excuse her from jail, no way no how. The problem in this country is we moved away from public punishment. Hang murders on the gallows was to much ( and I will agree with that one), chain gangs where cruel and unusual punishment. But you know what when hard time was hard time, the crime rates where lower....the percentage of the population in jail was less....being in screwing up in life and being convicted of a major crime means punishment, and that what needs to happen here... not a get out of jail card .....
Sponsored Links