View Single Post
Old 02-18-2006, 10:18 AM   #27
ITD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Lover
Sorry, but accident reconstruction IS a science. It is a hard science. Its taught at universities, you can get a masters degree.

Estimating speed is what a cop does when you drive by. In Forensic Accident Reconstruction the speed is CALCULATED by an expert.
Wrong once again, although as usual this statement is very vague it is still wrong. You see I never said that the speed is not calculated by the expert, so technically you are correct there. What you forgot, ignore, or simply don't understand is that these calculations are based on assumptions, guesses and the best effort of the expert to figure out what happened. They don't have a crystal ball, there is not a course in their college called Perfect Speed Calculation 101 and if you asked this expert he/she would tell you that 28 is an estimate and the actual speed could have been higher or lower. In fact every account I've read states "approximately" or "estimated", maybe you should read them.

Laws, especially speed limit laws, should be based on actual data not hype, hype that borders on untruthfulness if not just plain lies. I keep asking (as should the NH State Sentators) for proof a limit is necessary. I have seen none, just vague inaccurate statements.