View Single Post
Old 01-04-2016, 12:28 PM   #1
Airedale1

Thanked 1,569 Times in 274 Posts
Default New Year's Eve Chinese Food Experience

I followed with great interest the older thread on here regarding Chinese food. Getting Chinese food take-out on New Year's Eve is a beloved family tradition for us. For many years we always got it from King's in Loudon; but that was not an option for us this year as the owners retired earlier this year after 30 years of operation.

So, after reading the other thread we decided to order from Phu Jee in Meredith. So, on the morning of the 31st I tried to call Phu Jee's to put in an order. There was no answer and I quickly learned that they would not open until 4:00 and would close at 9:00. That made me very nervous as I did not want to wait until 4:00 to try to get them on the phone and then possibly be told that we would have to wait hours for an order.

So, we went to our plan "B" and tried calling Green Ginger in Tilton, which we had never been to before. I called them at 11:00, they answered; took my order and asked me when I would like to pick it up. I told them 5:00 and they said, no problem, see you at 5:00 and you are order #47.

So, I showed up at 5:00. What I saw when I walked in was spectacular! There was a line of other folks also picking up and the line was 4 abreast and 7or 8 deep. This was a line you stood in just for people who had already ordered so you could tell the cashier the order # you were there to pick up. I heard people asking for order #'s above 300 and this was at only 5:00.

Behind the 4 young ladies that were asking customers what order they were there for was another 8 young ladies (2 behind each cashier) that were just fetching the orders.

I was in and out of there with my food in less than 10 minutes. This was clearly not their first New Years Eve rush. The level of organization and professionalism was outstanding and the food was great too.

We will definitely go back.