View Single Post
Old 06-18-2007, 08:12 PM   #35
Rattlesnake Guy

Default An honest attempt to do the right thing

This weekend I took the family to the town dock and made what I think was the best decision I could. The docks were about 80 percent full during our early morning visit. The H dock was sitting there with 8 open spots looking very lonely and odly far from town. I decided to make a calculated compromise. My family and I would take the spot on the H dock that is farthest from town. This would give the closer spaces on the other fingers to someone in need of a shorter walk. I will admit I was uneasy walking by two elderly couples sitting on the grass at the gazebo. I had my questionable logic and reasoning ready to explain to anyone who would question us. No one did.

I am also confused on the actual advantage of the H dock. The confusing sinage coupled with the location make it a no win situation.

I am not sure if I will continue to park in these unused spots but I hope if you see an able bodied person spring from their boat and walk easily to town from these distant sapces you will know that at least some of them may have given it some consierable thought.

Perhaps a few spots with actual technical advantage for those needing an easier docking experience will replace this first pass at trying to do something helpful.
Rattlesnake Guy is offline   Reply With Quote