View Single Post
Old 05-28-2007, 08:03 PM   #9
Winnipesaukee Divers

Default Things arn't always as they aprear...

I have handicap plates and for the most part I don't need them, however, there are times I do. I have a degerterative nerve problem that gets worse at the most inopportune times... If you watch me jump out of my truck walk briskly into the store, you'd think I'm abusing the privilege, but after just a few minutes of walking, I'm in trouble and may not get back to my tuck without several rest breaks.

There is something about being big burly guy that makes me think I'm invincible, but the reality is I’m not any more. I fall quite often and I know I should bring my cane with me all the time, but I just can't seem get it to through my head that I may need it.

I had to cut short my holiday this weekend, because the one dive I did looking for a friend's glasses and service to another mooring triggered an attack and I had to be helped home, where I sat out the whole day recovering. I know my diving days are numbered, but I’m not giving up… Yet!

Now to the point: Would I park in a handicap boat spot? No. However, now that I am one of the handicap, I sincerely hope someone can make use of it and it helps them enjoy the lake.

Remember, things aren’t always as they appear.
Winnipesaukee Divers is offline   Reply With Quote