View Single Post
Old 08-01-2006, 02:36 PM   #9
Mboro_Bill

Default Cool move

My wife and I have a place just up the road from States Landing in Moultonborough off 109. When we aren't on the water ourselves, we usually like to walk down to the beach area and sit on one of the picnic tables, enjoy the water and watch the people load or unload their boats. Most of the time it's just amusing stuff like forgetting the emergency brake is on or not putting the plug in. However, a couple weekends ago I witnessed a real beauty. A guy comes back from a day on the water with his family. He retrieves his vehicle and backs his trailer down into the water, gets back in his 19' I/O bowrider and then proceeds to back his boat out so he can drive it on the trailer. He gets it on the trailer ok but he can't quite get it on far enough to his liking, so he nails the throttle and holds it there. He is sitting there with the water boiling violently behind his boat but it still will not go any farther on the trailer. I watch in amazement as he gets up from the helm with the motor still screaming and walks forward into the bow area and proceeds to lean over, grab the winch post and tries to "pull" his boat up onto the trailer. I just sit there holding my breath waiting for the boat to break loose and wondering if the bow stop will do it's job. All of a sudden I think the guy realized what a "bonehead" move he was pulling and went back to the helm and shut it down. Must have been his lucky day.

Bill V
Mboro_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote