View Single Post
Old 07-31-2006, 09:38 PM   #1
searay220

Unhappy Some people should not own boats.

You won't belive this. Saturday around 5pm I was heading down Alton Bay towards Downings boat ramp. The skies were dark and on and off heavy rain. When I got to the boat ramp there were 4 or 5 boats waiting to get in. While waiting for the ramp we heard a loud noise come from a van towing a jetski boat up Bayhill Rd. Then we saw the boat still on the trailer rolling backwards down the hill not attached to the van anymore. I started to yell as loud as I could to let people know the boat was coming down the hill. This boat almost hit several cars that were on 28a as well as people walking from the Dockside. It was amazing it didn't hit anybody walking or driving. However it did hit a new looking excursion parked at Downing. It hit it so hard it pushed it into the truck next to it. It was an extremly scary event and thankfully no one was hurt. My thoughts are some people are just not smart enough to own a boat. I say this because if the van owner latched the hitch lock and used saftey chains this event would not have happened. As all this was happening the skies opened up with unreal thunder and lighting. We sat there watching these idiots trying to load there boats on there trailer. It was a crazy afternoon and we have all seen boaters who really don't have the common sense to be a safe boater. Becareful out there.
searay220 is offline   Reply With Quote