View Single Post
Old 09-05-2012, 06:13 AM   #95
Belmont Resident

Default Bottom line

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawn psycho View Post
All this typing you put in an can be debunked with one example. The Netherlands. And to think people actually go their to SEE the windmills and buyt trinkets of windmills as momentos of visiting Holland

As someone who travels around the world and gets to see very large windmills in operation, they do work. A lot of red herring misinformation is flying up and down these posts.
Weather they work or not LP the fact remains the NH produces 100% of it's own power.
None of the power produced from these plans, windmill or Northern Pass is going to benefit NH. Yes there may be some jobs created but very few will be employee's from NH communities.
I firmly believe that if the power is going to benefit another state then we should not have to endure the scare on our landscape. Furthermore there is absolutely no reason to build towers spanning the Canadian border to Mass when there is an option to bury any power lines. This would eliminate most if not all opposition to the the Northern Pass project. As for windmills I think enough study has been done to determine that they don't produce enough electricity to offset the cost at least in NE. From my understanding there isn't enough windy days to produce enough electricity to make them cost effective unless they are on the coast.