View Single Post
Old 05-23-2005, 02:58 PM   #8
karinlovering

Quote:
Originally Posted by sun seeker
Thank you all so much!

Colt: Did your wife mention fishing for candy at the Hansel and Gretel?

GHfromAltonBay-Thanks for the update. Do you think the summer heat would be too much to be in a cabin without A/C? I am more spoiled today than I was back then. I remember wearing sweatshirts at night. Is it still that way?
The cabins were in good shape the last time you stayed? It is rated only two stars by AAA. I am wondering if that is because of the no A/C.
I see you are from Jersey. I grew up just north of you up RT 23 North.
It is a very congested area that whole 46/3 and 23 area. We moved to VA about 8 years ago. We moved to a small town that is now growing fast. It would be a long drive to go back up to NH, but I think my kids would have fun. We would probably get all the Jersey cousins to go to.

I visited Wolfeboro about 15 years ago and Baileys was still there. We spent the night at the Baileys Motel. We were visiting friends in Boston and drove up for a couple of days. We had an elegant dinner at the Wolfeboro Inn.

Anyway, I have been thinking of returning to my favorite vacation spot of my youth. I just wanted some opinions on the place we used to stay at. We stayed here every summer for the decade of the 1970's.

Does anyone have recommendations for other good cottage colonys on the Lake? or is the Piping Rock one of the better ones? Thanks again.
Oh how fun to think back to that stuff! I am 27 and definitely remember fishing for candy at the Hansel and Gretel! Also remember the ice cream window there that was only there for a few summers! I live in Tuftonboro now and all of the things you mentioned are my most favorite child hood memories of summers away from CT! I summered in Melvin on Mill Pond Road and spent hours a day at the Melvin beach!
karinlovering is offline   Reply With Quote