View Single Post
Old 02-01-2012, 09:02 PM   #18
TheProfessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green's Basin Girl View Post
I am well aware that they are part-time or contract. That doesn't answer the question why one of them couldn't cover the window during the lunch hour. They want customers so I don't why they can't accomodate them at lunch. I thought it was about the customer??? Maybe that is one of the reasons why they are loosing money.
Did you bother to read the inital post?

You obviously didn't read or you don't wish to read about the Postal Accountability and Enhancement Act of 2006.

Why can't your local post office stay open during lunch? All workhours are dictated from headquarters. Each office has a set of hours. The local postmaster cannot create more hours or different hours. The local postmaster cannot change the hours of operation without permission from headquarters.

As far as telling a story about some mailman in Peabody, MA 30 years ago sitting in some garage for a time. You are completely missing the point of the initial posting.

In the real small post offices with just a postmaster, when do you expect the postmaster to take lunch?

Some just can't see the forest through the trees. Some are just against government. Even though the post office does not receive any federal tax monies. Zero.

The US Post Office is the most efficient in the world. With the highest productivity. The price of stamps is also the lowest in the Western World. Just go look at Canada. The Canadian dollar is about on par with the US dollar. How much is a first class stamp in Canada?

You will miss it when it is gone.
TheProfessor is offline   Reply With Quote