View Single Post
Old 04-09-2012, 06:31 PM   #12
secondcurve

Quote:
Originally Posted by hancoveguy View Post
Kind of off topic but here goes. I am doing a fairly large home remodel, full bathroom remodel and 2 rooms in the attic. (unfort not at the lake) I am soliciting thoughts on credit issues with regard to this project.

I have no credit cards at all, but good credit. I was thinking of getting a credit card and using it to buy the materials and then pay it off to boost my credit and earn stuff...points, miles, discounts, free delivery from stores when using their cards, preferred status in stores etc... whatever... This is where you guys come in...

The project should be $20k-$40k cash out of pocket. How can I maximize this to both build credit and get free stuff... Could I use a credit card enough to earn free airline tix or free tv's at a furniture store etc...

Or is this a waste of time and energy?

Thanks in advance,
HCG
Both Chase and Bank of America have credit card products that give you $300.00 for signing up, no interest on your purchases for a year and 1% back on all your purchases. The Chase card is called the "freedom" card and the BofA card is called the "cash rewards" card. These cards would both be an excellent choice for your project. I'm not sure what the qualifying criteria are for these deals but it is certainly worth looking into.
secondcurve is offline   Reply With Quote