View Single Post
Old 08-12-2006, 11:11 AM   #17
William_Philipp

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwoodfam
We are a small but growing family of four out on Long Island (not a true island according to Bear Islander but still we like to think of it as one) - we love to ski and tube and knee board and we cruise EVERY part of the lake. We have been out and about and caught in a couple gales cruising back from Wolfeboro a few times and while it was an adventure - I never felt unsafe or in danger of swamping or going down....our little 19 footer handeled herself well and kept on in the 4 and 5 foot waves.

It was bumpy no doubt - but we were OK.

For the most part though, we tend not to venture out on those days when the white caps far outnumber the boats - you wont see many boats at all on the lake on those days - not even the large ones. Cost jump when you start looking at 25 foot boats and up - and gas prices being what they are - well sorry - I am not looking for a $400 fill up for a weekend on the lake!! We are loving our 19 footer - and have no regrets ... will we move up the chain for our next one (next season)??? YES - We plan to buy a nice and much "roomier" 20 footer!!
Just curious what make is your 19'? I am looking at the Four Winns brand.
William_Philipp is offline   Reply With Quote