View Single Post
Old 10-12-2005, 08:42 PM   #21
Smitty

I decided to do the mid week Bass Tourney out of Ames Farm Wednesday. The fog held us up for an hour or so. Once they let us go I fished around Smith Cove with no luck. About noon I went over to Governors Island Bridge and caught a couple of small mouth. Then I headed up the no wake zone towards Weirs, I decided to go try the docks at Weirs for a couple of fish. Remembering to go wide around the #1 flasher and spar. As I turned the corner towards Weirs I notice a go fast boat. I did a quick look back at the spar to make sure I am going wide enough around it. In the blink of an eye the go fast boat is heading towards me. Knowing I am on his right I turn more to his right, he turns right so I turn left, he turns left so I give it a good yank to my left, we pass each other with probably 100’ between us. I am thinking “no big deal”. I give him a wave, and then I think to myself “boy he is cranking right along for just coming out of the channel, you would think with a 40’, 100mph boat he would know about boating laws. I have been boating on Winni for 47 years so I am not new to the lake. We own these high performance boats we need to follow the laws otherwise they are going to put us down to 45mph.
Smitty is offline   Reply With Quote