Thread: Ice In
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2012, 09:35 PM   #164
calef22

Default Meredith Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenLasher View Post
Anyone have a view of Meredith Bay?

I'm wondering if there is any chance that the Pond Hockey Classic, scheduled for Feb 3-5 (ummm, next weekend) in Meredith has any chance of happening.

It looks like the forecast for the next week is wintery, but up to high 30's during the day and mid 20's at night.

I'm just not confident that Meredith Bay will support 16 playing surfaces, each covered with hockey players, dozens of sponsor sheds, warming huts, vendor buildings, etc., etc.

Any thoughts or projections???????

Just spoke with my Parents on Pleasant Street. They believe the tournament has already been moved to Waukewan ( I am pretty sure he meant Waukewan) where 17 rinks have been set up. He also mentioned that there were 2 rinks set up on Winni but I would not expect the being used.

The Ice is there but not thick enough yet according to them and they are monitoring daily.

I believe we will have a small gain but still a net gain in ice this week but I do not see the chance for an event based on the warm daytime temps.

I think we are looking good for the Derby at this point but I have no idea what the LT forecast is and that will be the deciding factor. Supposedly Meredith Rotary was having a meeting tonight in regard to the schedule.
calef22 is offline   Reply With Quote