Thread: Oil Tank Gauge?
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2010, 06:54 PM   #25
NoBozo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmlnh View Post
Here's another option for reading your oil tank level. I installed one of these a few years ago to avoid making the trip down to the crawl space to read the tank.

Basically there is a sensor and transmitter that gets mounted on one of the existing openings on the tank. A separate tiny wireless receiver gets plugged into an AC outlet in your living space. The receiver gives you a readout of the tank level at a glance anytime. Takes about 10 minutes to install yourself. About $85 from manufacturer.

This has been working great, on same set of batteries for the transmitter for over 4 years now, and has been very accurate. Receiver display is in mudroom. Very happy. Note - we have double tanks, and this is mounted on just one of them, oil usage depletes both tanks equally.

http://www.sybasystems.com/OEM%20Rocket/oem_rocket.html

I have wireless remote reading digital thermometers (Taylor) in various inside locations recieving signals from an outside transmitter. I like them. I like technical stuff. Quite often they work. I even have a transmitter up in the attic to monitor temps up there.

My mechanical fuel tank level indicator (37 years old) still works fine.....BUT... DAM...I LIKE this little gadget. It's not like I need to check my oil level every few hours, but if you need a nice fix for an "Old" Guage that needs replacement...THIS would work. NB
NoBozo is offline   Reply With Quote