Thread: 2011 Winter
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2011, 07:16 PM   #4
Blue Thunder

Default I'm not an expert...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelnut View Post
Ok CLA, Rose, et al.

I have acquired far better and much more thorough information from reading your posts on this forum than I have ever received from watching a weather report from a major network. With that said would you care to opine on this winter so far and in the future?

It's kind of depressing to us winter sports fanatics to see the spring like meltdown this early in the season on the heels of what could have been a decent "base." I'm starting to get concerned with the ice production and the lack of snow. Is it too early to panic?

Thanks for all of your great information. I really enjoy reading your posts.

H-Nut
...and I don't play one on TV either. This coming week will feature "seasonal" temps with a general cooling trend towards weeks end. The long range models are hinting at an off shore/coastal storm in the Fri/Sat timeframe. In the wake of that storm, whether it happens or not, an arctic outbreak is "likely" lasting until mid month.

As has been stated here numerous times, strong cold high pressure and light or no wind and nighttime lows in the teens and single digits will help build ice in a hurry. My opinion at this point is that it looks favorable for this to occur in the next 10-14 days. Time will tell....